India’s government is democratic. The citizens of this nation elect the country’s leaders. For the purpose of choosing new leaders, elections are held every five years. However, the populace has the power to cast another vote for the current leader. In comparable circumstances, the Indian president’s term of office is five years. The most recent presidential election in India took place in 2017. In 2022, five years after the previous election, a new one will be held. Draupadi Murmu is one of the contenders for this top position. You can get all the information you need about Draupadi Murmu right here.
Short and Long Draupadi Murmu Essay in English
10 Lines Short Essay on Draupadi Murmu President of India
- Draupadi Murmu is the Indian politician and social activist.
- She is an Orissan native who is from the Santhal community in the Baidaposi village of Mayurbhanj.
- She was born at Biranchi Narayan Tudu’s home on Friday, June 20, 1958.
- In 1997, she joined the BJP and began her political career as a councillor in Rairangpur, Orissa.
- She worked for the BJP while in a number of high-profile posts.
- She was Jharkhand’s 9th governor from 2015 to 2021.
- Draupadi Murmu has a solid reputation and background in politics.
- The first tribal woman from the East to hold such a high position is Draupadi Murmu.
- The Legislative Assembly of Orissa also gave Draupadi Murmu the Nilkantha Award for being the finest MLA.
- Her name is prominently displayed in the 2022 presidential election
Short Essay on Draupadi Murmu (200 – 250 Words)
Active tribal politician Draupadi Murmu hails from a distant area of Orissa. She was born in the Baidaposi village of Mayurbhanj on June 20, 1958. (Orissa). Biranchi Narayan Tudu, her father, served as the local chief. Draupadi Murmu had a difficult life because she was born into a tribal family in the Santhal group.
She entered politics in 1997 after working as an assistant teacher. She also held the position of Scheduled Tribes Morcha Vice-President for the BJP. She served thrice as a Rairangpur MLA before being chosen to serve as Jharkhand’s ninth governor from 2015 to 2021. The Orissa Legislative Assembly’s annual Nilkantha Award recognises Draupadi Murmu as the finest MLA. She endured a number of personal traumas, including the loss of her husband and later, two adult sons, yet she never wavered in her commitment to helping the community.
When Pranab Mukherjee was about to depart the Rashtrapati Bhavan a few years ago, Murmu was chosen as a potential successor. Draupadi has held a number of significant political posts during her career and is still looking for a new one. NDA has put her name up as a contender for the 2022 presidential election (National Democratic Alliance). She is anticipated to run against Yashwant Sinha in the election (All India Trinamool Congress). No tribal woman’s name has been put forth as a candidate for the presidency as of yet.
Long Essay on Draupadi Murmu (600 Words)
Introduction of Draupadi Murmu the 15th President of India
The first tribal woman to be chosen as governor of Jharkhand is Draupadi Murmu. Murmu also holds the distinction of being the first governor of the Jharkhand state to serve a full five-year term. She is also the first Eastern leader to hold the position of officer. She would add another “first” to her resume if she is chosen to be the next president of India. Although she will be India’s first tribal president, she will be the country’s second female president.
Draupadi Murmu – Early Life
Draupadi Murmu was born on June 20, 1958, in the little hamlet of Baidaposi in Mayurbhanj, Orissa. Under Panchayati Raj, her father, Biranchi Narayan Tudu, and grandfather held the position of village headmen. She received her education from K.B. HS Uparbeda School in Mayurbhanj before completing her undergraduate studies at Rama Devi Women’s University in Bhubaneswar. She was wed to Shyam Charan Murmu, and they had three kids together (two sons and one daughter). Assistant instructor Draupadi Murmu worked at Shri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research in Rairangpur. After she lost her husband and two boys, she experienced sadness.
The Political Appearance of Draupadi Murmu
In 1927, Draupadi Murmu joined the Bhartiya Janta Party and began her political career (BJP). She was chosen to serve as a councillor at Rairangpur, Orissa, in the same year. She was also chosen to serve as the BJP’s Scheduled Tribes Morcha’s vice president. She held the position of Minister of Commerce and Transport from 6 March 2000 to 6 August 2002, and the position of Fisheries and Animal Resource Department from 6 August 2002 until 16 May 2004.
Draupadi Murmu was successful in winning the election while the BJP (Bhartiya Janata Party) and BJD (Biju Janata Dal) were united. She won two elections to serve as Rajrangpur’s MLA. The Legislative Assembly of Orissa also gave Draupadi Murmu the Nilkantha Award for being the finest MLA.
Facts about Draupadi Murmu
There are several unknown details regarding Draupadi Murmu’s private life. You may get to know her better thanks to this.
- Murmu lost her spouse in 2014, her second son in 2013, and her first son in 2009.
- She currently resides with her lone child, Itishree Murmu.
- She gave her in-laws’ home to a school, where there are memorials for her husband and two boys as well.
- Murmu declared in 2016 that she will give her eyeballs to Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital in Ranchi once she passed away.
- She was a department assistant in the irrigation department before to going into politics (Orissa).
- In 1983, she left her government position to care for her children.
- She was chosen to run for president in 2017, however she was unsuccessful.
Conclusion – Speech on Draupadi Murmu
Draupadi Murmu is a member of a tribal group, and she does admirable job for people. She gains respect and notoriety thanks to her modest political persona. She was chosen to serve India in several distinguished roles as a result of her outstanding work and down-to-earth personality. She said that she is thrilled and shocked to be picked for such a significant part in a presidential election interview.
I hope the essay about Draupadi Murmu above was useful in helping you comprehend many facets of her life.